“Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.”
Today, I was having an “off” day. It’s just one of those days when I wonder what life really is all about – what going to the gym and eating healthy, having a career, making money, and going to work etc. are all about. While I don’t have an answer to all the other things that makes up life, I do have an answer to why I wanted to live a healthier and more active lifestyle. I asked you your reasons last week but today I delve into all the many other reasons that keep me going and help me fight off temptations (may that be either food or not wanting to go to the gym). On an “off” day, I needed as many reasons as I possibly can think of.
It really wasn’t difficult to come up with this list because I experience some of these things on a daily basis. While there are times when my will power wanes, these are the reasons that keep me going in the right direction:
- uncovering the muscles I never thought I had
- saving money on possible medical bills
- having a better outlook in life as a result of a healthier, more active lifestyle
- wearing smaller clothes
- looking better in the mirror
- wanting to wipe off the fog from the bathroom mirror so you can stare at your body some more
- fitting better in clothes
- clothes shopping being fun again
- finding great deal on clothes that are on sale because everybody else is too big to fit in them
- being able to run faster than you ever though possible
- lifting heavier weights and graduating from the pansy 5 pound dumbbells I used to lift
- gaining self-confidence to the point that you don’t even care if you’re wearing make up in public anymore
- looking forward to show off your new bod in the summer in a nice, sexy bikini ( or shorts if you’re a guy – it just doesn’t sound as sexy as a bikini…lol)
- seeing the envious stares of your girl friend or other girls after not seeing them for awhile
- knowing that you’re doing something good to your body and that the prospect of growing old or having babies do not scare you anymore because you know that if you keep going this way, you can face those challenges head on
I can come up with an even longer list but I still have to get some sleep. So even with these many reasons to living a healthy lifestyle, people still find many excuses even though deep down inside they know that they need to make a change and they need to make it soon.
I will then leave you with a post from a Turbulence Training member, Tabitha, in one of her realizations of great changes she had made to her body so far. I couldn’t have said it any better:
“I am continually amazed at the changes in my body. I’m sure you all have your own stories & experiences. There have been times where I go to scratch my leg & am shocked at how “hard” it is. Or my sides. The other day I was standing talking to Tom (her husband) about something & I kept rubbing my arms. He asked why I was doing that & I replied “they don’t feel like my arms.” It’s just such a good feeling to be making these changes. And I’m doing it…something only I can do. Feels empowering. Plastic surgeons can remove fat, give you a tummy tuck or face lift. But they cannot give you muscle or make you stronger!”
Need more reasons? check out this post from Life Spot light about Keeping the End in Mind.