After my first transformation contest using Turbulence Training workouts, I am back for a second time and ready to take my fitness to the next level. I’ve already seen great results and been inspired by so many people that I’d like to see how much more I can do. For some background, here is a link to my previous transformation:
Here are my thoughts on the current contest:
My official start date is January 5th, Monday which means that my end date would be March 29. I am joining this transformation because I felt that I could’ve done better from the previous contest in terms of nutrition, pushing myself during my workouts, and doing more during my light days. I have been experimenting with my nutrition and light day workouts for the last 4 weeks and so I based my plan on those “experiments.”
Although, I saw tremendous results during the last contest, I know that there’s always room for improvement. ESE also helped me a lot then but I will not be doing it this time because I would like to concentrate my efforts on eating healthier meals more often during the day. I am doing this because I feel that I didn’t completely learn how to eat right because ESE always “saved” me from my mishaps – not that anything is wrong with that – but my holiday eating was a mess.
I am basing my goal on my starting statistics which I will talk about in more detail after this:
% Body Fat: 22.41%
(I previously used my scale to measure this which put me at 19.5% at the end of the last contest. Currently, I am using the method from Precision Nutrition which might be more accurate. I plan to use this measurement as a guideline in case it is not accurate).
Waist (belly button): 31.25 inches
Hip: 37.25 inches
Right Thigh: 20.25 inches
Right Calf: 13 inches
Fat Mass: 26.892 lbs.
Lean Mass: 93.108 lbs.
My girth measurements have remained largely unchanged from the end of the last contest. I would’ve made more improvements if not for the holidays…lol.
Now, for my goals:
- Get to 17-18% body fat or lose 8 lbs. during the first 8 weeks. I highlighted “or” because I know I can easily lose 8 lbs in a month and yet the body fat may not follow so I’m estimating here.
- Gain lean body mass for the last 4 weeks (I may have to re-evaluate this goal based on how I look towards the end of the first 8 weeks).
- Eat 5 planned meals a day at an average of 1450-1500 calories a day.
- Perform 5 chin-ups and 3 pull-ups.
- Perform my KB swings circuit, Total Body Ten, or other Bodyweight cardio and an abdominal circuit on my light days. I also plan to work on chin-ups and pull ups during these days.
- Allow myself only one “off” meal a week.
- Increase weights even by a small amount on some (not all) exercises during every workout. If I can’t increase the weights, I will increase the reps.
- Eat less refined carbs (e.g. sugars, white flour, white rice etc.) and try new whole grains such as quinoa, spelt, couscous, etc. If I follow #3, I would pretty much reach this goal.
- No cereals except for an All-bran cereal.
- Try at least (I’ve been trying a lot lately) one healthy recipe every week using natural ingredients.
The previous list is sort of a blend of my goals and my daily plan to reach my goals so I hope it’s not too confusing.
These are the workouts I plan on using:
- TT Fat Loss Fusion Intermediate
- TT Booty for Life or another workout for Mass (again, this will depend on my evaluation at the end of the first 4 weeks.